[FLWSS] FLWSS Digest, Vol 38, Issue 13

n2cei at downeastmicrowave.com n2cei at downeastmicrowave.com
Thu Feb 21 12:20:06 EST 2008

Message: 2 Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 19:48:50 -0500 From: "Walter Dail K4HV" Subject: [FLWSS] ID-O-Matic To: "Florida Weak Signal Society" Message-ID: <000601c87423$866e6bc0$934b4340$@rr.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" If you need a cheap keyer for a beacon or ID'er look here. This is the cheapest one I've seen yet. http://www.hamgadgets.com/product_info.php?products_id=64 Walter K4HV

Walter! That is a great price for something that has so many uses! I have something like this built into both my home and portable station. It beats sending dashes or a key down tone when looking for some on on the higher band. Say you are portable with your 10 Ghz rig and you want to put a signal on for some one to tune around for you and or line up the antenna, Just key it up with your Call sign ID'ing on CW with a 10 second tone or something is great. Cheaper than a keyer to bring portable, then use Phone or a straight key to make the contact!

Steve